Posts in Category: ‘Uniforms & Equipment’
One of the most common sites of injury is the knee. Whether it be a landing after a jump shot or sprinting to get to the next base, our knees are vulnerable to every kind of sprain, tear and even permanent damage if we do not use proper techniques. Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball and Softball players are most susceptible to knee injuries because of body mechanics that come with these contact sports.
Incorporation of warm-ups that strengthen the lower body is an easiest, least time consuming and effective way to prevent knee injuries.
• Focus on strengthening muscle groups such as the hip stabilizers, hamstrings, quadriceps, and foot invertor and evertor.
• Teach your team to properly decelerate the body’s momentum, such as with suicide sprints, and correct techniques that may cause injuries.
• Teach proper landing mechanics, including landing on the balls of the feet and into a knee- and hip-flexed position with proper knee alignment.
Being one step ahead of the game does not only mean properly training your team and ensuring their safety and victory…
It also means purchasing the right equipment and sportswear to represent your abilities! Make sure to purchase Allen Sportswear gear to be one step ahead of the game. With customizable logos and design of your own choice, you can represent your team the way you want to be known!
Hello Amy we have won 2 championships in our first two tournaments. The uniforms are just MAD CRAZY COOL! Everyone loves them. Our older kids want some like ours but the person that deals with that jumped the gun and ordered from somewhere else…..smh but these uniform are great and not only do we play great but we also LOOK Great!!!! Allen Sports Wear is the ONE AND ONLY PLACE TO GET UNIFORMS!! Great uniforms but GREATER CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Amy Kronk is THE BEST!!
The jerseys came out great and I just wanted to let you know that the team loved the uniforms!
“Walking in with our new jerseys strikes a bigger fear, intimidates our opponents. It makes us look stronger better faster thank to Allen sports wear. ”
– Brian Nguyen
Whether your team participates in AAU baseball or in another league, you want your players to look their best. Updating your baseball uniforms is a great idea to boost your team’s morale, and there are many great choices available. Once you have selected a uniform that fits your team, coming up with the funds may prove to be difficult. In some cases, the uniforms may be purchased through an available budget through the school or organization hosting the team. In other cases, you might require your team members to pay for the uniforms out of their own pocket. With either situation, you can find some effective sports fundraising activities that your team can participate in to raise money or to build team relationships. Here are several valuable ideas that can help your team to partially or fully pay for the cost of new AAU baseball uniforms.
Team Fundraising Ideas
There are two main approaches you can take to raise funds for your new uniforms. Your team can raise funds together to decrease the cost of all uniforms as a whole or your individual players can raise funds on their own through a team-sponsored fundraiser. There are many great team fundraising ideas that are available to you. Here are some examples of fundraisers you can host as a team:
- Car wash – great idea but limited based on weather and getting the right spot
- Lawn and gardening services – Must have the right connections and equipment for this
- Perform tasks for a reduced fee to the community – Another connections based fundraiser
- Bake sale – Cookies! Fun but limited revenue generating
- Sell t-shirts – Another good one that parents and grand parents can’t resist but limited revenue opportunities
- Get sponsors who will pay for advertising space on your jerseys or team t-shirts – This is great if you can find it!
- Work in a concession stand – lemonade stands at local fairs are always a winner
There are so many more way to earn the funds for uniforms for teams that are willing to take initiative and look for opportunities to work.
Individual Player Fundraising Ideas
Individual players can also raise funds on their own through team-sponsored events. If the team parents and the neighborhood allow, team members can simply go door-to-door and ask for monetary donations to support the team. Another idea is for members to sell merchandise that ranges from candy bars to candles and wrapping paper or other items. Teams can also choose from numerous fundraising organizations and companies to work with. That way, each player can choose to participate as much or as little as they would like. This may be a more ideal solution for those teams that have players who need to raise funds to offset costs as well as players who do not want to participate in fundraising and are willing to pay for the uniform out of their own pockets.
For us the ESPN fundraiser is by far the best. I have had multiple coaches over the years thank me for hooking them up with this Fundraiser. Here’s a list of the advantages:
- Great brand name recognition
- Team keeps 75% of the profit!
- No minimum orders and no upfront costs
- Available online
- No time frame, so the fundraiser can go on all season long
The website is www.coaches.espn.com and setting up a fundraiser is simple and fast:
- Set up a team account
- Send the link to the players
- Talk to friends and relatives and have them get online and order
- Make lots of money for the team so you can buy amazing uniforms and win the Championship!
If your team is working with a tight budget, you may consider opting for generic uniforms rather than customized options. However, the cost of a fully customized uniform may be more affordable than you might think. When you employ one or even several of these fundraising ideas for your baseball uniforms, you may discover that your team can more easily afford to purchase uniforms that will give your team the confidence to play their best.
Designing new uniforms for a sports team from time to time will keep the team looking their best on the field. The appearance of the team may boost their overall confidence, and this can translate into their performance in games. In addition, it can also show the opponent that the team is a force to be reckoned with. Because of these and other factors, many teams will redesign their college baseball uniforms every now and then to keep up their game. While you can certainly select a pre-designed uniform, the team may love the ability to customize uniforms specifically to their year and personalities. When you are designing new uniforms, you may consider these few points.
The Quality of the Material
There are several types of material that are commonly used with baseball uniforms. However, not all uniforms are ideal for athletic apparel. The best material will allow the player to move fluidly without encroaching on his or her ability to perform. A preferable material is also one that can wick away moisture rather than keep the player moist and uncomfortable. You may also want to select a material that is durable and easy to maintain. For example, some require special care when washing or may wrinkle easily while others can stand the heat of the game and the wash. Each material has different qualities and features that may make them more or less desirable for active play, and it is important to check out your options.
The Ability to Customize the Uniform
In addition to paying attention to the quality of the material, you may also consider the ability to customize the uniform design. With some uniform and athletic apparel companies, you can select from a couple of different colors and designs. You may be able to add a team number and a jersey number to the uniform for further customization. The last thing you want is for your team to show up on game day with a similar uniform as the opponent.
The Cost of the Uniforms
As a final note, you may consider the cost of the baseball uniform that you are designing. Some people believe that they cannot afford to customize their team’s uniforms because of a limited available budget. As mentioned before, customized uniforms bring players a sense of confidence and an ability to perform their best on the field. When you compare the options and consider these benefits associated with full customization, you may realize that it is more affordable to fully customize the uniforms that will be boldly displayed in your winning game photo.
Designing a new college baseball uniform can be fun yet challenging. After all, while there are many options available, you may need to focus on designing a uniform that is comfortable, durable and stylish. Keep these few points in mind in order to ensure that you create the best uniforms to push your team to victory.
Thank you so much for all your help. They are amazing. Couldn’t have asked for better quality or customer service.
Picking the Perfect Basketball Jerseys for Your Team
It’s difficult to definitively say what makes a basketball jersey “right” for your team. It’s really about knowing the temperament and personality of your team as a whole and the players as individuals. There are a lot of questions you should ask yourself before choosing a jersey style. Just a few of those questions are:
- Is your team’s style pretty traditional or a little more edgy?
- Do you want a solid color through the front and back panel, or do you want it broken up?
- Are you all about symmetry, or could a little asymmetrical fun find its way into your uniforms?
- Do you want vertical stripes? Horizontal stripes? Curved lines?
The main thing is to find something that feels right. We’ve put together a few things that you should consider when choosing your team’s jerseys. There are many different styles of mens’ basketball uniforms and womens’ basketball uniforms available, so find something that fits your team’s unique personality.
Let’s start with the obvious: your basketball jerseys need to match your team colors. In today’s world, however, that doesn’t mean you have to be stuck with a style because it’s the only one that comes in your teams colors. The best companies can create different uniform designs in your choice of colors. You can even customize which color gets used where to create a slick look for both home and away games.
Basketball is a high-intensity game, and comfort means a lot. The modern style of sleeveless jerseys and knee-length shorts combine comfort with mobility. The fabrics used for basketball uniforms tend to be breathable, light-weight materials that are designed to help wick moisture away from your skin without absorbing so much that they become heavy and cumbersome.
The cut of your jerseys can drastically change their look. While the basic shape of the jersey’s tend to be pretty similar, there are different lengths of sleeves and different necklines to consider when choosing your uniforms. Most jerseys have the option of v-neck or u-neck tops, and in recent years, “Laker Style” necklines have also started to be offered. This style is similar to a traditional v-neck, but the trim comes down to a straight edge at the point of the v rather than creating a second v shape.
Choosing the right fonts can really show off your team’s personality. Many teams choose to match all of the fonts on their jerseys, but it can add a dynamic dimension to your jersey style if you mix the fonts. Matching the fonts of the team name and the player name while choosing a contrasting font for the numbers can really create a unique look that helps set you apart from the rest of the teams on the court.
Speaking of numbers, we’ve got a list of common numbering rules below. However, you’ll want to make sure your numbers adhere to your league’s rules.
General numbering rules:
- NBA – No restrictions on numbers
- WNBA – 00, 0-55
- NCAA – 00, 0, 1-5, 10-15, 20-25, 30-35, 40-45, 50-55
- NFHS – 00, 0, 1-5, 10-15, 20-25, 30-35, 40-45, 50-55
- FIBA – 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
In the end, it all comes down to what you and your team like. Find a look that works for you. If you’re ready to start shopping, we’d love to help you out. Check out our wide selection of basketball uniforms, shooter shirts, warmups, accessories and coach polos. Just remember: a uniform helps you make a first impression, but the way you play makes a lasting impression.
The World today is not the world your father grew up in. There used to be a time in the US when your word was your honor so people were careful with what they said and what they sold. Unfortunately those days are gone, replaced by companies and reps that many times are not even based in America and don’t have any issues with providing less than stellar product and service. There are still great companies and even better employees out there, but finding them is the hard part. To help you out, here are 5 warning signs that should make you run away from a run-of-the-mill sportswear company.
1. The first and probably biggest warning sign of a bad company is when you see a product that’s literally half the price of recognized, name brand uniforms. You get what you pay for is never more evident than when dealing with these companies. Shotty work, unreliable delivery, poor customers service and little to no guarantees that you will even receive your product lie in wait for the person crazy enough to buy from them. If you’re in charge of uniforms for your team and decide to take chance with a company like this be prepared for the backlash if and when the team uniforms arrive.
2. The Second warning sign is when they won’t pick up the phone. If the only way to get a hold of a uniform provider is by email you can be sure they are understaffed and most likely based overseas where they do not have to guarantee timeliness, accuracy, or even a product if they don’t feel like sending it. The first and second warning sign go hand in hand because the same companies usually have very cheap products.
3. The third warning sign is the website. If the website is littered with misspelled words and looks like your kid photo shopped half the designs and uniforms it’s probably because someone’s kid did make the designs in a country like Pakistan, Indonesia, Philippines or China. There is a reason you should buy through American companies and that’s because they know how to deal with factories from these countries and have trusted contacts. They also have years of learning to communicate effectively along with having preset expectations and a relationship. If you are buying directly from overseas factories not only do you have none of this but they have no incentive to make sure your order is done right and on time for your season, so you’re taking a huge risk using them and will likely end up having to buy again from a US based company after losing your money. Also, because of VOIP technology all companies selling to the US have US numbers so just because they show a US number does not mean they are based in America.
4. The Fourth warning sign is the “About Us” page is empty or has very little in it. Every respectable business is happy to brag about their beginnings, where they came from and what their core values are. If the page is blank or doesn’t have anything of any real meaning in it they are telling you what is important to them; your money.
5. The Fifth warning sign is a lack of personal guarantee. So they want you to drop a couple thousand dollars on uniforms but they can’t guarantee the quality, timeliness or reliability of the product? And you still want to buy from them? Okay, next time you’re in town look me up because I have some timeshares I’d like to sell you.
Remember, not all team sports uniform companies are created equal. Don’t be too brand conscious that you get suckered into overspending your budget just to get a check mark in your uniform, but at the same time, if you find a price that is too good to be true, remember that it probably is. Find a company that is backed up by legitimate testimonials of excellent products and trustworthy service, but priced a little bit lower than your name brands- it is a sign of great quality without the massive advertising expenses rolled into your price.
By: Todd Marinshaw. Todd owns and operates a sportswear business based in Orlando, FL and recently founded iPrevail, a non-profit organization focused on relief and rehabilitation for victims of disasters such as Typhoon Haiyan